Witnessed apnea is a common symptom of sleep apnea. Many people suffer from sleep apnea because of various causes. The factors that lead people to suffer from this disorder are excessive weight, narrowed airway, ageing, family history, usage of sedatives and alcohol etc. Physicians diagnose and treat sleep apnea in different effective ways. The treatment is processed based on the severity of the symptoms.
Treatment Followed By Lifestyle Changes
The Flinders Discount Chemist treats patients with sleep apnea disorders by advising them on lifestyle changes. It is necessary to limit the disorder. Common and simple lifestyle change instructions are given to the patients.
- Patients with overweight and chronic disorders like obesity are recommended to lose weight. The pharmacy sleep apnea services will suggest following the right diet chart to maintain the calorie intake. Moreover, exercising is also necessary simultaneously. A balanced food diet with exercise will help to control the disorder.
- Drinking alcohol and smoking should be limited. These can be the major cause of sleep apnea, the disorder usually gets worse with these habits. Hence, consulting the Flinders Discount Chemist will help to limit these habits.
- Usually, with anatomical problems, breathing gets difficult through the nose. This is another major cause of obstructive sleep apnea. In such cases, the sleep apnea services recommend usage of a nasal decongestant. Also, you can take allergy medications when the disorder is due to an allergy.
- Among the lifestyle change suggestions, it is also suggested to avoid sleeping on your back. This can enhance the symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea, that’s why The Flinders Discount Chemist will recommend you the right sleeping postures.
- The most important thing is to stop the consumption of sedative medications. The anti-anxiety drugs and sleeping pills can show adverse side effects on patients suffering from sleep disorders.
Prepare To Consult The Physician For Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
The below points will help you to prepare for appointments and consultations for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Advance appointment requests
Ask the pharmacy sleep apnea services if they have anything for pre-appointment requests. It will speed up your consulting process.
- Maintain a sleep diary to record sleep patterns
It is better to maintain a sleep diary before visiting the Flinders Discount Chemist. In the diary, note the bedtime, sleeping hours, nighttime awakenings, and daily routine, including naps.
- Notice your symptoms
Note your regular onset symptoms related to the disorder.
- Update personal information
Update personal information, including health problems, major stresses or lifestyle changes. Protein or vitamin supplements, including doses you are taking, should be informed.
- Note the questions to ask the physician
You can note the questions based on your symptoms to ask the doctor. You may also take your bed partner, who is aware of your symptoms while you are asleep for more needed details.
With lifestyle changes and a physician’s diagnosis on a regular basis, obstructive sleep apnea can be controlled. Visiting the right service provider is necessary for an effective treatment process. Contact Now!